Stone Hart’s Gun Club & Indoor Range Rules
At Stone Hart’s Gun Club & Indoor Range, we pride ourselves on being one of the few family oriented shootings ranges in the Miami area. We want our patrons to come and enjoy themselves in an air-conditioned environment with high standards of air quality and safety, therefore, we demand everyone to uphold the following range guidelines.
- Children must be at least 8 years old to shoot.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and stay with them at all times
- Follow the Range Officer’s commands at all times.
- Ear and eye protection is mandatory before entering the range and while at the shooting range.
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Unpack your firearm at your designated stall. All other firearms not in use should not be accessible to unauthorized persons.
- Keep your action open with the chamber visible and firearm unloaded until ready to use.
- Always keep firearm pointed down range.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Shoot only at your designated lane target. Do not shoot the carrier or rail.
- Be sure firearm is safe to operate.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm.
- If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to the range officer immediately.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- Maximum of 2 people per shooting stall.
- In case of emergency, call for “Cease Fire”.
- Upon the command “Cease Fire”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Shooters may not re-approach the firing line or pick up their firearm until an “All Clear” signal is given.
- No food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range. Wash your hands each time you leave the range and before smoking, eating or drinking.
- Shooters may collect their brass behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range.
- Shooters who desire to shoot from the holster or do rapid fire must pass our “Holster/Rapid Fire” qualification process through Stone Hart’s Gun Club own Range Officers and pay a one-time fee of $15. The evaluation checklists are posted below.
- Act responsibly at all times.
- Outside instructors working with students in the range must be licensed and have proper insurance endorsed to Stone Hart’s. See management for details.
In addition, Stone Hart’s Gun Club and Indoor Range has relaxed rules for qualified shooters that will allow for “rapid” fire and holster draws from approved holsters. We respectfully request that any shooters wanting to participate with the relaxed shooting rules first qualify for a “Red/Green Code” (Rapid Fire Only) or full “Green Code” (Rapid Fire and Holster Draw) evaluation. This evaluation is only required once. Each evaluation will have a nominal fee of $10.00 for Red/Green Code or $15.00 for Green Code. To see sample evaluation checklists, click on the below links:
Rapid Fire Only Evaluation Checklist
Rapid Fire and Holster Draw Checklist